We’re officially transitioning to sitting up photos! I realized I should have started this sooner, since at 10 months I had a hard time keeping her from rolling away. Now she cries whenever we lay her on her back (unless she’s distracted as such).
Holy cow, we’ve almost got a one year old and it shows!
– MORE TEEF. One has broken through on the bottom making a neat line of three. We suspect there’s another tooth coming on top. I hope this means she’ll be able to chomp on apples and other fruits soon.
– FAST. She can now crawl from one room to the next if you turn your back for a second. The cats are wising up, but sometimes they’re still surprised. She’s army crawling ATM, but I’ve seen her rock onto her knees. She just hasn’t figured out how to turn that into forward momentum.
– Sits and plays. We’ve got this box of blocks that she’s recently discovered and she’ll just sit there, taking blocks out and putting them back in, or putting them on top of the box, for quite a long while. It’s freaking adorable and her concentration is intense.
– More and more varied sounds. I swear she’s said “maaaaaaa” and meant it. I’ve heard “k” a few times around the kitties, too. No obvious words yet, but it’s no longer just “dadadad” or “mwa!” We’re getting an assortment that sounds like her own little language more and more.
– Bath time!! We finally caved and got a little bathtub that we put out in the living room for bath time. We used to just wipe her down but she started getting upset at us and wiggling away. We tried putting her in our bathtub, but it scared her. we tried holding her in the shower, and she was kinda okay, but it was difficult for us to hold an increasingly heavy, wiggly baby. But now she has her own tub and she friggin loves it. It’s so good.
– Games! She’ll grab tissues/shower curtains/random pieces of fabric and play peekaboo with us. She likes to drop her ducky outside of the bath so that we can then make it pop over the side somewhere unexpected. She’s tried to do this with food, but I give her no reaction and I’ve noticed that she’s doing it less and less.
– Favorite foods are still proteins. Eggs, chicken, ham, etc. She really friggin loves bread, though, and whines if you don’t give her any.
– Sleep is unchanged. Sometimes she’ll sleep through the night. Sometimes she’ll wake at 3 or 4am. She’s been sick these past two weeks with first a fever then an ear infection, and now there’re the teeth coming through, so we expect that’s why. She still goes to bed easy peasy and her 2 naps a day are awesome. I am thankful every time she goes to sleep without a fuss because I remember how hard it was, and I know we still have sleep regressions to come.
– She’s started crawling into my lap when she’s upset, which is both adorable and sad.
Basically, she’s more and more fun every day. We crawl together and play with blocks and read. Usually I just let her do her thing. She’s enjoying the stroller more often than not, so we’ve been taking advantage of the gorgeous autumn weather and going for more walks. She’s stopped crying when we drop her off at daycare and seems to be having fun with the other babies.
While she hasn’t yet pulled up, she’s started pulling on various things, so that’s on the way. Man, she only just learned to crawl and I can see her walking by the end of the year. We’ll need to get her little snow boots. Omg.
As for me, I almost feel like my old self. I’ve also accepted that my body will never quite be the same, so for my birthday I got some new clothes in a bigger size. My hips are just going to be bigger than they were, and that’s all right. Unfortunately, that also means a lot of my skirts don’t fit right anymore. So my goal for the next year is to replace any that make me feel less than fab with new ones that fit. Life is too short to shove yourself into too-small clothes.
My supply is even more abysmal than before. I suspect it’s because of my increased activity and decreased carb intake. I’ve decided to stop pumping next week and just see what happens. When it takes 60min a day to get 3oz, it just doesn’t seem worth it. And we’re already supplementing with formula on the weekends, so it won’t be that big of a change.
As for work, day job has been more stressful than usual with clients being slow/petty and projects backing up. Writing, however, seems to be going fine. I got edits back from my editor on books one and two and I don’t have to set everything on fire and start again, so that’s always a plus. If anything, the edits are way less substantial than I’d feared/expected and we’re on track to get book one done and out the proverbial door by February. Of course, it’ll still be a full ‘nother year until publication, but. Well. Publishing is slow, man.
Okay you made it through all of that have some more baby pics. ❤