It’s a Lady Jr update!! Someone is seven months. Hint: the baby. Someone also has a double ear infection, mild bronchitis, and the saddest coughs. Hint: still the baby. Because moms don’t get sick. Duh.
Lady Jr started out with sniffles, progressed to fever, and then on Wednesday was both very sleepy/sluggish and full of green snot, so we panicked and made a doctor’s appointment. She slept almost 13 hours straight that night (almost: she was very woefully coughing/crying at 1am and probably would have fallen back asleep on her own, but I wanted to check on her and feed her, so) and looked a lot better Thursday morning and we almost canceled the appointment. But it was a good thing we didn’t, because poor baby’s ears. So she’s on her first round of antibiotics and she’ll be back to the ped in two weeks to make sure things are better.
This morning she looked/sounded a lot better and her fever’s been gone for 24+ hours, so she’s back at daycare. I always feel bad sending her when she’s under the weather, but otherwise she’d be home half the time and I’d never be able to work, so.
Okay! Seven months. What do we have here. Lists!
– Lady Jr is in her own room! And by own room, I mean she’s sharing my office. And it’s going really, really well. I am getting more sleep. She is getting more sleep. She’s waking 2-3 times a night and I am already used to this. Maybe too used to it. Already worrying about future nights where she’ll be waking up more often.
– No teeth! The ped briefly got us excited when she was like, “is that a tooth!” but then she realized, no, no it wasn’t. Still no sign of teeth and I am OK with that. She can wait until 1 year to teethe if she wants. That’s cool.
– Food! We’re doing mostly BLW with a little bit of puree thrown in here and there. She will actually hold the spoon herself and suck whatever is on there off, so it’s spoon feeding but not? IDK. She’s had sweet potato, egg yolk, avocado, chicken, pork shoulder, pea puree, chicken broth, naan, carrot, broccoli, chicken liver pate, roast parsnip, roast beets, hummus, and probably some other random things that we’ve handed her. She looooooooves beets, it’s so friggin cute. Everything else she’s pretty happy to suck on, too, but avocados maybe not so much.
Right now we try to give her something in the morning and the evening, although not so much the last few days since she’s been sick. Also evenings are hit or miss because sometimes she’s just too tired when she gets home from daycare. But we’re trying! Really! She just seems more interested in sucking on things than actually eating them.
– No crawling! But she’s starting that process, for sure. She’s rocking back and forth and occasionally pushing up with her back legs, but she hasn’t figure out that she has to lift her chest, too. Idk how much longer we have before we have to start baby-proofing. A little afraid of that, TBH.
– Overall, she just seems more aware. She’s always watching us pretty intently and I feel more and more like she’s observing instead of just staring. I think we’re even learning object permanence. Yesterday Lady was holding her at the ped and I was trying to distract her with a doll. I hid the doll from her sight and she actually craned forward, trying to find it. She’s legit never done that before, so: yay!
– Physically, since we got to visit the ped yesterday, we know she’s 13lb 8oz, which is like, teeny for this age. 3rd percentile, says the internet. Welp. I guess somebody’s gotta be on the edge of the bell curve. Her eyes are still blue, but her hair is turning white-blonde. Which was somewhat expected, since I had white-blonde hair until I was 7 or 8. Still a little weird and it makes her hair look patchy, since the white blends in.
– I love this baby so much. ❤
OMG HOW COULD I FORGET I HAVE A PIC OF HER EATING BEETS HERE HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY