My temp went up on Wednesday, but I figured it was a fluke because a) that would be CD8 and impossibly early, b) I hadn’t had much in the way of other signs, and c) I was (still am) sick with a cold. Plus I hadn’t slept well that night to boot. So I discarded it.
My temp was still up yesterday, exactly where it should be if I had ov’ed earlier this week. I dismissed it again because, hello, too early and I’m still sick.
But it’s still up today and it’s even done it’s second jump right in line with a typical post-ov pattern and now I’m bummed. If it had remained the same as yesterday I could have ignored it, but I also haven’t had any CM for the last two days and that pattern is just too classic.
I’m still holding out a squidge of hope that I couldn’t possibly have ov’ed that early, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned in the last year (year?!) it’s to expect the unexpected. So. There goes our last at-home chance. If my temps are still ov’high on Monday, I’ll set up an appointment with an RE. I guess that means we can get in there a little sooner, at least.
Frankly, I’m more than a little in denial. We didn’t even get to try one last time, and I can’t believe that simple thing was taken from us. Taken by what? By whom? I need someone or something to blame, but there’s no one to shake my fist at but the large and unfathomable – and uncaring – universe.
I can’t even begin to unpack what this means for us, for our finances, for our future just yet. Maybe my temp will go back down tomorrow and I can push that off for another few weeks. In the meantime, I guess it’ll be a change?