I was right! God, I love being right – at least when it comes to ovulation. My body was telling me that it ov’ed on Tuesday, so when my temp went up only a little yesterday I decided to trust all the other signs and know it would be up today. And it was! I am officially over coverline – although Fertility Friend hasn’t given me anything yet but how long does that take? – and into the 2WW.
I’ve already admitted to Lady that this one may very well be the worst 2WW. It is DPO 2 and I am already on the edge of my seat going did it work did it work?? On the one hand, timing seemed good. I wonder if we might have been pushing insem too close to ov before – I suspect once or twice it might have been same day. On the other hand, I’m a bit bummed we didn’t get a chance to try more than once because I ov’ed so freaking early. CD13! What is that!! I don’t even!!!
Obviously that means the maca is working and everything is going to be magical and finally work. Or: obviously that means my cycle is still weird and nothing will ever work ever.
As you can see, I’m going to need some hardcore distractions. Thankfully, I’ll be done with this WIP in the next week (OR ELSE) and after that I get to delve head-first into edits and fixes and wholesale cogitation. I will simply have no room for anything else in my head (I hope).
Until then, my mind continues to wander. To fix this, I thought I’d borrow some ideas from my fellow bloggers and have a Thing a Day meme to post about instead of constantly tracking and wondering and playing symptom bingo (actually we will be playing symptom bingo for real this time – more on that in another post). That is neither helpful for me or for you. Nothing means anything until the two weeks are up, so I’m going to play a different game.
If anyone else wants to join in, feel free. I’d love to see ya’ll’s answers. This is the meme I’m playing with:
Day 1 – Ten random facts about yourself
Day 2 – Nine things you do every day
Day 3 – Eight things that annoy you
Day 4 – Seven fears/phobias
Day 5 – Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 6 – Five things you can’t live without
Day 7 – Four memories you won’t forget
Day 8 – Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 9 – Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 – One person you can trust
Day 1: Ten Random Facts
1) There is a bubble in the cartilage at the end of my nose so that when you squish it, it kind of pops a little. Sometimes I squish it for fun.
2) I really like cleaning. It’s my zen thing. If I can have peppy music and an empty, good-weathered Saturday, I’d prefer to spend it vacuuming, wiping down counters, and organizing the pantry.
3) I really hate potatoes. They taste like snot and vomit to me and I’ve never understood why so many people like them.
4) I’m probably bisexual but I’ve never felt confident claiming that identity because I am just so awkward and weird around men. Soo… bisexual but homoromantic? It’s just easier to say I’m a lesbian.
5) I get nasty skin reactions if I eat nightshades or eggs. It sucks.
6) I’ve written three books in the last three years.
7) I sung in a choir at Epcot for two holiday seasons when I was in high school. It was surprisingly fun. And cold.
8) I have stood on a pier during a tropical storm and watched the waves.
9) I saw a lot of weird shit in Russia, but the weirdest was the lady wearing a bright red dress lying on the sidewalk in front of a bookstore in downtown Petersburg, covered by a plastic tarp and surrounded by police.
10) I’m a virgo. Make of that what you will.