Thank you so much to Hello, My Name is Tubeless and Lez B Vegan Moms both for nominating me & my blog for the OLBA award! Tubeless has had a shit ton of hurdles thrown in the way of her journey towards motherhood but she has so recently had success! Keeping fingers crossed and gods implored that the shit is over for her. The duo behind Lez B Vegan moms is also semi-recently pregnant, and I’ve been enjoying watching their journey, especially all the growth-fruit related recipes.
Now, for the rules:
- Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules.
- Include 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
We’ve got two down!
(Very True and Irrefutable) Facts:
- Sailor Moon and its online community was highly influential on me when I was growing up. The recent resurgence in interest, along with the reboot (Sailor Moon Crystal!), has brought my inner fangirl out in the most ridiculous ways. The biggest difference between then and now? Now I’m no longer ashamed to admit I like Sailor Moon.
- I wrote fanfic – so much fanfic – back in the day. I wrote three whole novels worth in one universe, and a ton of short stories in another. It was all horribly, painfully written, but I don’t regret a single word. The nights I spent writing page after page filled with poor grammar and bad dialogue helped me get a ton of experience writing and the fanfic community encouraged me to keep going. I wouldn’t be the writer I am today without fanfic.
- I started drinking coffee in sixth grade. You could blame my parents, but considering even then I was waking up before them and making it myself, there’s nothing they could have done. By high school I was drinking four shots of espresso every morning. This may have been related to the late nights writing.
- I was an exchange student in Germany for a year in high school, and spent three months studying Russian in St Petersburg in college. I love to travel and took my wife to England for our honeymoon. Basically, any extra income we have = travel.
- Thank goodness I love travel because my family lives everywhere. My parents are in Maryland, my brother is in Texas, my mother-in-law is in California, my father-in-law (& sister- & brother-in-law) are in Minnesota, one grandma is in Illinois, the other is in Georgia, I have uncles (& aunts) in Florida, Alabama, and Nebraska, and a cousin (& second cousin) in Belgium. It makes getting together for family events a wee bit convoluted.
- I worked in the foreclosure industry once. Never again. I lost all respect for big banks.
- It is my dream to be a published author who lives in a tiny house on a big, co-op style farm with my wife, some friends, and a gaggle of goats and children.
I’m going to riff off Epidemic’s OLBA post and not nominate anyone because I’m fairly certain everyone I follow has already been nominated. I was in class when the award was going around, so I’m not 100% certain of that, but if you have NOT been nominated and would like to be, I hereby nominate you. Yes, you. You are awesome. ❤