For the month of January I’m following the paleo Autoimmune Protocol (AIP). It’s like a Whole30 – just minus eggs, nightshades, seeds & nuts. It’s a little insane, but the only way to truly find out if a skin issue I have is autoimmune in nature or not. For more information, see my preparation post.
Wot I ate on day 10:
– Chicken broth with a little added gelatin for pre-breakfast
– Lamb kofta meatballs with sautéed greens & onions for breakfast
– Tea tea teeeeaaa
– A banana & frozen liver pills for snacks (inasmuch as liver pills are a snack)
– Beef heart with chimichurri sauce, sautéed greens (Southern Greens blend from Trader Joe’s) and onions for lunch
– Paleo chicken pad thai and more of those paleo banana cookies for dinner
– Fizzy water, assorted veggies with coconut dill veggie dip for writing night
I’ve noticed that beyond my headaches being gone, my energy is now pretty constant throughout the day, no matter how much tea I have. I am officially past the coffee withdrawal. Hoorah!
Today was one of my coworkers’ last day, so there was a table full of cake, chocolate sauce, ice cream, root beer, and bananas. My coworkers are thankfully quite used to my usual paleo food averting, so there was only minimal cake pushing. I kept to the one banana, for which I was thankful. But I secretly coveted the ice cream and root beer – I freaking love root beer floats. But it’s definitely getting easier to just not eat the tasty things. Especially when I have something like heart to look forward to.
I took photos of my most prominent rashes before starting the AIP, and I think I need to take more. It’s gotten to the point where they’re definitely no longer multiplying, and they look like they’re healing. Not so much smaller, but the texture is smoother and the color less intense. I should probably just be patient, but it’s hard. 🙂