For the month of January I’m following the paleo Autoimmune Protocol (AIP). It’s like a Whole30 – just minus eggs, nightshades, seeds & nuts. It’s a little insane, but the only way to truly find out if a skin issue I have is autoimmune in nature or not. For more information, see my preparation post.
Oh my goodness.
Day 1 was difficult.
You wouldn’t think it would be, given that I actually started on Monday. But wow. I need to be more inventive with food next week. Or just have more on hand. This is way too much fruit.
Also bubbly. :3 Whoops.
I had a tablespoon of olive oil before my run this morn’, then tea & broth & sauteed arugula & meat balls & cilantro guacamole. Then,
– Coconut cream & blackberries & banana with cinnamon for snack
– Leftover roast beef & sweet potato & even more cilantro guacamole, because that stuff is awesome, for lunch
– A bowl of chicken soup for second lunch
– Canned salmon with olive oil, salt & garlic, and sauteed greens for dinner
– Apples & molasses for dessert (not a very good combo, btw)
My biggest struggle on day one was with a persistent headache. Tea just wasn’t doing it, but I couldn’t have coffee or NSAIDs (i.e. advil, which is the only painkiller we have on hand). Not even nutmeg. 😦 So I had to wait it out. And be a bit grumpy.
Hopefully day 2 goes better.